Legislative & Administrative Advocacy
- Develop and implement legislative strategy on bills of interest to your business or industry. Will also provide intervention on Administrative matters and help shape regulations or departmental policies affecting your ability to do business in this state.
- Will identify "key contacts" inside the Capitol and set up meetings with them to advocate your position.
- Assist in creating a network of "outside government" or private sector allies to assist in lobbying effort.
- Able to identify "opposing factors" and strategize on defense of position, if appropriate.
- Provide direct lobbying of:
- Governor and members of their personal staff and Administration personnel
- House and Senate Republican and Democrat leadership. Appropriate committee chairs and committee members. Pertinent rank and file legislators
- ID and develop relationships with "constituent" legislators, whose geographic proximity may be helpful to your organization.
- Advise and direct grassroots lobbying efforts, creating and coordinating messages for dissemination by your members and directing the timing of such efforts to enhance the on-the-ground efforts of Wanner Associates.